The Real Estate market in Victoria, BC, is red hot these days, and before you jump in and post a for sale sign in your front yard, you should know if your electrical system is up to date. Whether you are looking to buy or to sell in 2021, it’s essential to understand your home’s electrical status.
Check out our tips for buying or selling a home, because you don’t want to let an overheated electrical system ruin your deal in a hot market!
TIP: Older homes built as recently as 2000 were not designed to accommodate the magnitude of electrical devices that we all rely on every day.
If you are selling a home built before 2000 that has less than a 200-amp service:
- Complete an electrical service upgrade to add value to your most significant investment and augment your property’s sale value.
- Don’t be left out! 200-amp service upgrades have become a critical selling feature, which is often included in the property description for older homes.
- Home inspectors will check electrical panels to make sure they are up to date – if your home hasn’t had an upgrade, this may serve as a red flag to potential buyers
- Work with us for your electrical service upgrade before listing, and we can provide you with an easy and affordable monthly payment plan through Financeit. No payments & No interest for 3 months. OAC.
If you are buying a home built before 2000 that has less than a 200-amp service:
- Consider the costs involved in having to upgrade the electrical system of the home.
- Are you wanting to add a mortgage helper or in-law suite? Can the new property’s electrical service handle the additional electrical load?
- Are you going to want to add a hot tub or an EV charger down the road?
- Kobalt Systems is pleased to provide an electrical home inspection and a detailed estimate about what you can expect to pay to upgrade your new home.
It’s recommended that all homes in BC have 200+ amp service – this is especially important in recent months as more of us are working from home and putting additional stress on all the systems within our home than ever before.
Having a strong panel capable of delivering the power supply you need in your home provides peace of mind. Not only will your home be better protected from electrical hazards like overloaded circuits decreasing the chance of a fire, but a new electrical panel also increases your home’s resale value.
DIY? Not for this!
Upgrading your electrical system isn’t as easy as putting up a fresh coat of paint. It is extremely dangerous if you are not familiar with electrical wiring. It’s much better to leave this sort of work to a trained and certified electrician.
While a project like this can seem daunting, Kobalt Systems will work closely with you to find a solution to fit your budget. Learn more about what you can expect from an electrical service upgrade
Based in Victoria BC, Kobalt Systems is proud to be one of the leading experts in electrical service upgrades on southern Vancouver Island. The process of selling and purchasing a home can be stressful. Let our team of experienced and friendly professionals prepare for selling or bringing your new home up to today’s electrical standards.