Looking for EV charger installation? Kobalt Systems can install your electric vehicle (EV) charger or charging station in Victoria and on Southern Vancouver Island, whether it’s in a single-family home, multi-unit development or for a business.
Depending on the make and model of charger considered optimum for your vehicle, we may be able to supply the charger, or we can install your pre-purchased charger.
We will happily provide the quotes and receipts you need to apply for the rebate program of your choice.
Please use the following form to contact our team for services and how we can assist you with your project, no matter the size.
Residential and Commercial Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Contractors in Victoria and Southern Vancouver Island
Kobalt Systems Specializes in EV Charger Installation, Repair or Upgrade for Home and Business
Looking to make the change to an electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid vehicle? Whether you are choosing to go electric for the environmental impacts or to save on the cost of gasoline, one thing you will need is access to electricity to charge your vehicle.
While electric vehicles (EV) can be charged using your regular 120v outlet, most electric vehicle owners opt to install a Level 2, 240v charger at their home for fast and convenient charging.
Kobalt Systems offers residential and commercial installation of EV chargers and can make recommendations regarding the most suitable electric car charger for your home and vehicle.
We can also help with applications to national and provincial rebate programs for electric vehicle charger purchase and installation.
We Recommend the Following EV Chargers
At Kobalt our preferred Electric Vehicle Charger manufacturers and suppliers are:
FLO – Ideal for external installation for residential or corporate customers.
Grizzl-E – A solid universal charger made primarily for indoor installation but can be used outdoors in milder climates
Tesla – Only for Tesla vehicles – note the charger rebate does not apply to the Tesla Mobile Connector
Electric Vehicle (EV) and Plug in Hybrid Vehicle Rebate Programs
If the cost of a new electric vehicle is preventing you from making a purchase, these federal and provincial EV rebate programs will be of interest.
Canada wide: Incentives for Zero Emissions Vehicles (iZEV) program
This program offers the following rebates on the purchase of eligible vehicles with a MSRP of up to $55,000 until March 31, 2025.
Up to $5,000 for:
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Hydrogen Cell Vehicles
- Long Range (Over 50km range) Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles
Up to $2,500 for:
- Short Range (Under 50km range) Plug-in Hybrid vehicles
Rebates are applied at the time of purchase and claimed by your dealership.
*This program also offers a 100% tax write off to businesses for the purchase of Electric Vehicles priced up to $55,000 plus tax as long as the rebate has not been claimed.
British Columbia EV Rebates: Clean BC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program
The rebates offered by this program can be claimed in addition to the federal rebate. Both rebates are applied at point of sale.
Up to an additional $3,000 (for total rebate of up to $8,000) for the purchase or lease of:
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles
- Long Range Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles
Up to an additional $1,500 (for total of $4,000) for
- Short Range Plug-in Hybrid vehicles
Check this list of eligible vehicles for their combined federal and provincial rebate eligibility.
This program offers rebates when you scrap your old vehicle and purchase a new or used Electric Vehicle. Rebates offered are:
- $500 when you purchase a new or used Battery Electric Vehicle
- $400 when you purchase a new or used Plug in Hybrid Vehicle
Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Programs
The Province of British Columbia is also offering rebates on the purchase and installation of Level 2 Electric Vehicle Chargers to private EV owners, owners of multi-unit dwellings and business owners.
These rebates are managed by BC Hydro under the Clean BC Go Electric Charger Rebate Program. The program offers the following options:
For single-family homeowners (including duplexes and townhomes with designated parking or garages)
- Rebate of 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible Level 2 EV charger (up to $350)
For apartment or condominium owners there are two rebate options to choose from:
EV Ready Rebate, which consists of three parts that can be applied for together or separately:
- EV Ready Plan: Rebate of up to $3,000 for creation of a plan to make at least 1 parking space per unit EV Ready
- EV Ready Infrastructure: Up to 50% of the costs of installing electrical infrastructure to implement the EV Ready plan. Up to $600 per space (Maximum $80,000 per project)
- EV Charger Rebate: For a limited time, up to $4,400 (regularly $1,400) per charger purchased and installed to a maximum of $25,000 (regularly $14,000)
Stand Alone EV Charger Rebate
- For a limited time $5,000 per charger (regularly $2,000) to purchase and install Level 2 EV chargers in residential parking spaces.
- Up to a maximum total of $25,000 (regularly $14,000)
For Business Owners and Commercial Workplaces
This rebate offer can be used at up to 4 workplace locations per business
- For a limited time, up to $5,000 rebate (usually $2,000) to purchase and install Level 2 EV chargers for use by employees only during business hours.
- Up to a maximum $25,000 (regularly $14,000)
*See program website for details of eligibility and documentation required for EV charger rebate application.